A staph infection is a very serious skin infection that is the result of by bacteria entering the body from either the skin or nose. It can even lead to issues with the internal organs. The bacteria to blame are known as staphylococcus bacteria. This bacteria is super dangerous as it can lead to a whole slew of health problems such as toxic shock syndrome, boils, impetigo, and cellulitis. If not treated properly, it can develop into MRSA, which stands for methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus. MRSA is resistant to antibiotics such as methicillin (hence the name) and other times of antibiotic medication. Keep reading to learn about the causes, symptoms, and treatments of a staph infection. Knowledge is power; the more you know the more likely you will be able to prevent a staph infection.
Staph bacteria are actually quite common and can be found almost everywhere. For instance, they can be found on our skin and in our nostrils. When these bacteria enter the body through the skin or nose it can result in inflammation and infection. Some studies have found that as much as forty percent of the healthy population are carriers of this bacteria. However, usually these individuals do not present with symptoms of a staph infection since the bacteria are usually on the surface of the skin.